Complete forecast by
A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible early. Partly cloudy. Low 69F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
Updated: July 18, 2016 @ 3:52 pm
10 Things to Know for Friday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
1. TRUMP READIES FOR HIS BIG MOMENT
The president-elect sweeps into Washington on the eve of his inauguration, pledging to unify a nation sorely divided and clamoring for change.
2. NOTORIOUS CARTEL KINGPIN EXTRADITED TO US
Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, who twice made brazen prison escapes in Mexico, will face drug trafficking and other charges in New York.
3. OBAMA SPENDS LOW-KEY FINAL DAY IN OFFICE
Hanging over his departure is the reality that he's being replaced by a successor who has vowed to upend much of what he accomplished.
4. RESCUE CREWS REACH ITALIAN HOTEL FLATTENED BY AVALANCHE
The search for survivors is hampered by heavy snowfall and fears the buildings at the four-star mountain resort might collapse.
5. US BOMBERS STRIKE TWO ISLAMIC STATE CAMPS IN LIBYA
The attack, likely the final military action in Obama's global counterterror campaign, kills more than 80 extremist fighters, the Pentagon says.
6. WHAT'S NEWEST ARGUMENT FOR HPV VACCINATIONS
The first national estimate suggests that nearly half of U.S. men have genital infections caused by a sexually transmitted human papillomavirus.
7. TROOPS ENTER GAMBIA IN EFFORT TO GET JAMMEH TO GO
A West African regional force arrives to support the country's newly inaugurated president, while longtime ruler Yahya Jammeh shows no sign of stepping down.
8. WHY UBER HAS AGREED TO SHELL OUT $20 MILLION
The settlement with the FTC resolves claims that the company duped people into driving for its ride-hailing service with false promises about how much they would earn.
9. MIGUEL FERRER DIES OF CANCER AT 61
The actor brought a stern authority to his role on CBS' hit drama "NCIS: Los Angeles" and, before that, to the NBC crime drama "Crossing Jordan."
10. HOW SIN CITY COULD HIT JACKPOT
If league owners approve, the Raiders intend to move from Oakland to Las Vegas, a city the NFL had previously gone out of its way to shun because of sports betting fears.