- Front Page
- Traffic & Weather
- Radio Highlights
- Opinion Poll
- Elected Officials
- Station Info
- Audio Streaming & Archives
- Contact Us
10 Things to Know for Monday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. HOW SOUTH AFRICA LAID MANDELA TO REST
The anti-apartheid icon is buried in a traditional tribal ceremony in his native village, Qunu.
2. `LAWRENCE OF ARABIA' STAR DIES
Peter O'Toole, who died at 81 in London, became a global star with his legendary performance as T.E. Lawrence.
3. BACHELET WINS CHILE ELECTIONS
The former president wins a new term with a mandate to overhaul education and change the constitution.
4. WHAT THE BUDGET AGREEMENT COULD SIGNAL
The breakthrough bipartisan deal may usher in small legislative compromises-but no agreement on major issues is expected.
5. SYRIAN REFUGEES FACE BITTER WINTER IN LEBANON
Aid organizations are scrambling to meet the needs of 1.4 million Syrians who have fled to their neighboring country.
6. WHO'S CHIDING CIA ON MISSING AMERICAN IN IRAN
Sen. McCain says the agency hasn't been forthcoming with Congress on Robert Levinson's disappearance while on a secret intelligence mission.
7. COAST GUARD WANTS RIVER BARGES TO SHIP FRACKING WATER
But environmental groups fear spills of the toxic drilling wastes could threaten drinking water supplies for millions of people.
8. WHERE `AVATAR' SEQUELS WILL BE FILMED
Director James Cameron plans to shoot three more installments of the sci-fi blockbuster in New Zealand.
9. `DOING THE LORD'S WORK, ONE TIP AT A TIME'
A mysterious man using the motto `Tips for Jesus' is leaving gratuties of up to several thousand dollars at restaurants and bars.
10. PACKERS MATCH BIGGEST COMEBACK IN FRANCHISE HISTORY
Green Bay rallies from 23 points down at halftime to beat Cowboys 37-36.