Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
1. PUSH TO RETAKE MOSUL BEGINS
Iraq announces the start of operations to drive Islamic State militants from the country's second-largest city.
2. RUNNING MATE TEMPERS TRUMP'S COMPLAINTS
With the billionaire businessman complaining of a "rigged election," Mike Pence pledges that he and Trump will abide by "the will of the American people" on Election Day.
3. WHAT ASSAD LIKELY DOESN'T HAVE TO FEAR
The U.S. and Britain acknowledge the Western world's weak support for any military action against Syria's government.
4. NORTH CAROLINA ESTIMATES DAMAGE FROM MATTHEW
Flooding from the hurricane caused $1.5 billion in damage to 100,000 homes, businesses and government buildings, the state says.
5. WHY FBI WANTS NATIONAL DATABASE TO TRACK POLICE USE OF FORCE
Amid a debate over fatal shootings by police, the U.S. lacks comprehensive data about just how many citizens are killed or injured by law enforcement.
6. REUNIONS SPARK JOY, JUBILATION, DANCING
Twenty-one Nigerian schoolgirls, freed by Boko Haram after 2