10 Things to Know for Thursday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. OHIO GOV. JOHN KASICH ENDS HIS QUIXOTIC PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN
The move underscores Donald Trump's remarkable rise as the presumptive GOP nominee and likely pits him against Hillary Clinton.
2. WHO SIPPED THE WATER IN FLINT
Obama. He promises to ride herd on leaders at all levels of government until every drop of water flowing into homes in the Michigan town is safe to use.
3. THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT PUT WHICH STATE ON NOTICE AND WHY
The DOJ says North Carolina risks being sued and losing federal funding because a state law limiting protections to LGBT people violates civil rights laws.
4. PRINCE REPS REACHED OUT TO WHOM JUST BEFORE THE SUPERSTAR'S SUDDEN DEATH
A Northern California doctor who is an addiction and pain specialist was asked to help Prince before he died.
5. THE LATEST IN SYRIA
Sporadic violence persists in Aleppo as U.S. officials announce an agreement had been reached with Russia to extend Syria's fragile cease-fire.
6. DETAILS OF A NAVAJO GIRL'S KIDNAPPING DEATH SURFACE
Court documents show that an 11-year-old Navajo girl in New Mexico was sexually assaulted, hit on the head with a tire iron and left to die by a Navajo man from a neighboring community.
7. TEXAS MAN KILLS CO-WORKER, SELF
Authorities say the man was fired last month from his job at a transportation company outside Houston.
8. THE LATEST TECH DEVELOPMENT TO RENDER HUMANS OBSOLETE
Scientists create a robotic system that stitches up tissue in living animals without a real doctor pulling the strings.
9. SWEDISH ARTIST WHO CREATED FAMOUS STATUE OF KNOTTED REVOLVER BARREL DIES
Carl Fredrik Reutersward was one of Sweden's best-known modern artists when he died in a hospital at the age of 81.
10. THIS POP SINGER MIXES HER NEW YORK ACCENT WITH A COUNTRY TWANG
Cyndi Lauper adds an unexpected dimension to her multifaceted career with the Friday release of a country-and-western covers album called "Detours."