Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
1. FIRESTORM FOLLOWS TRUMP'S URGING OF FOREIGN MEDDLING IN US POLITICS
The billionaire businessman sets off an instant debate by encouraging Russia to find and make public Hillary Clinton's missing emails.
2. WHICH VOTERS OBAMA BELIEVES CLINTON MUST APPEAL TO
The same women, minority and young voters who powered his rise appear crucial to her campaign as well.
3. PROSECUTORS ABANDON CASE AGAINST POLICE IN FREDDIE GRAY'S DEATH
More than a year after the black man suffered a broken neck in a police van, the effort to hold six Baltimore officers criminally responsible for the death collapses.
4. JUDGE OKS JOHN HINCKLEY'S RELEASE
The man who attempted to assassinate President Reagan will be allowed to leave a Washington mental hospital and live full-time in Virginia.
5. HOW POPE IS REACTING TO EXTREMISTS' BRUTAL SLAYING OF FRENCH PRIEST
The pontiff warns grimly that the world is at war - but he cautions against labeling it a war among religions.
6. CRACKDOWN IN TURKEY SHOWS NO SIGNS OF EASING
The government discharges hundreds of military personnel and orders dozens of media organizations to close.
7. FEDERAL RESERVE SEES REASONS FOR OPTIMISM
The Fed's more upbeat tone on the U.S. economy revives the prospect that it will resume raising interest rates as soon as September.
8. WHY FACEBOOK IS FORCE-FEEDING MOBILE MESSENGER APP TO MORE PEOPLE
It's part of the social network's effort to reel in a bigger audience for advertising and other moneymaking opportunities.
9. SCIENTISTS CALCULATE RISKS OF IMMOBILITY
Not exercising and sitting all day turn out to be as dangerous as being obese or smoking.
10. WHO'S MAKING WAVES WITH NEW HAIRDO
Lionel Messi dyes his hair peroxide blond - meaning the Barcelona forward will stand out even more in matches.