Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. SEARCH UNDERWAY FOR SURVIVORS IN ITALY QUAKE THAT KILLED MORE THAN 200
The number of dead and missing is uncertain given the thousands of vacationers in the area for summer's final days.
2. WELCOME TO CONSPIRACY ELECTION
Trump and his surrogates hint at a mysterious "illness" afflicting his rival while Clinton warns of murky ties between the GOP nominee and the Russian government.
3. HOW AMERICANS VIEW ROLE OF GENDER IN PRESIDENTIAL RACE
According to a new AP-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll, 37 percent of respondents say being a woman will help Hillary Clinton become president, 29 percent argue it will hurt her, and 33 percent think it won't matter.
4. IN IRAN, UNIQUE SYSTEM ALLOWS PAYMENTS FOR KIDNEY DONORS
The program, which has seen the country's waitlist for kidneys effectively drop to zero, is championed by some Western doctors, but some ethicists worry it takes advantage of the poor worldwide, The AP finds.
5. WHO PURSUES SYRIA COOPERATION WITH RUSSIA
The Obama administration's fresh bid to enlist Moscow as a partner in the Syrian conflict comes despite more than a month of dashed hopes as the situation on the ground becomes more volatile.
6. COLOMBIA'S PRESIDENT RUSHING PLEBISCITE ON DEAL WITH REBELS
The announcement of an accord after four years of talks opens the possibility for Colombians to put behind them political bloodshed that killed 220,000 and displaced 5 million.
7. QUAKE DAMAGES SCORES OF MYANMAR'S HERITAGE BAGAN TEMPLES
Yet, much of what fell is modern material, sanctioned by the country's former army rulers who put top priority on restoring the temples with little regard for the original architectural styles.
8. BOLD MOVES, TEPID GAINS
Central banks pump trillions into financial systems and drive interest rates about as low as they can go. Yet after several years, the results are ... meh.
9. WHERE WORLD'S FIRST SELF-DRIVING TAXIS DEBUT
Select members of Singapore's public can hail a free ride through their smartphones in taxis operated by nuTonomy, an autonomous vehicle software startup.
10. U.S. SOCCER SUSPENDS GOALKEEPER HOPE SOLO
The six-month suspension follows the goalie's disparaging comments about Sweden following the Americans' early departure from the Rio Olympics.