10 Things to Know for Tuesday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. CAPTAIN, CREW MEMBER OF CAPSIZED MIGRANT SHIP ARRESTED
The captain faces a charge of reckless multiple homicide in the sinking of the smugglers' ship, which may have killed as many as 900 in the Mediterranean.
2. US AIRCRAFT CARRIER HEADS TO WATERS OFF RESTIVE YEMEN
The USS Theodore Roosevelt will join other American warships poised to intercept any Iranian vessels carrying arms to Iran-backed Shiite rebels, U.S. officials say.
3. HILLARY CLINTON DISMISSES QUESTIONS ON FAMILY FOUNDATION
The Democratic presidential candidate pushes back against accusations that foreign governments that made donations to the Clintons' charity received preferential treatment from the State Department.
4. BALTIMORE INVESTIGATES SUSPECT'S DEATH IN POLICE CUSTODY
An autopsy shows the man suffered a "significant spinal injury" that led to his death - but how it happened is unclear, authorities say.
5. WHICH THREATENED SPECIES IS MAKING A COMEBACK
Humpback whales were listed as endangered in 1970 - but since then the mammals' numbers have increased in many areas.
6. TRIAL OF AUSCHWITZ GUARD TESTS NEW LINE OF GERMAN LEGAL THINKING
Prosecutors are arguing that anyone who was a death camp guard can be charged as an accessory to murders committed there - even without evidence of involvement in a specific death.
7. HOW HIGH SCHOOL PROMS ARE CHANGING
Once a night for dressed-up romance, proms are evolving into a platform for good deeds and social change.
8. DOMESTIC VIOLENCE EXPOSE NETS PULITZER FOR NEWSPAPER
The Post and Courier of Charleston, South Carolina, shed light on a legal system in which first-time offenders face light discipline.
9. WHO'S LATEST CELEBRITY TO ENTER MARIJUANA MARKETPLACE
Willie Nelson's new brand, "Willie's Reserve," will be grown and sold in Colorado and Washington, where recreational pot is legal.
10. TIM TEBOW SIGNS WITH PHILADELPHIA
The QB, who worked out for the Eagles last month, hasn't played in the NFL since 2012 with the New York Jets.