AP Radio AP Radio News:

Jan 13, 3:12 PM EST

1 dead, 2 injured after high CO levels found in condo unit


BOSTON (AP) -- A man is dead and two women have been hospitalized after being found in a condo with increased levels of carbon monoxide.

NBC Boston reports that authorities were called to a building in Boston's Roslindale neighborhood shortly before 10 a.m. Saturday and took three people to local hospitals to be treated.

One man taken from the condo was pronounced dead at the hospital. Authorities have not released his identity. The conditions of the two women were not available.

Boston fire officials say a faulty stove in the condo was to blame for the high carbon monoxide levels. Officials from the National Grid power company are looking for any other source of the gas.

The condo unit reportedly did not have a carbon monoxide detector. The case is still under investigation.

© 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.