Central Missouri man dies in house fire
MILLERSBURG, Mo. (AP) -- A Callaway County man died when fire engulfed his home.
County Sheriff's Lt. Clay Chism says 37-year-old Robert Walker died Thursday night at his home near Millersburg.
Chism says Walker's two children escaped the fire and went to a neighbor's home for help. The neighbors found Chism by the front door and pulled him out of the home but he was not breathing. Attempts to resuscitate Walker were unsuccessful.
A preliminary investigation found the fire likely was started by unattended cooking in the kitchen. No foul play is suspected.