Hawaiian, Delta lead airlines in on-time arrivals
Here are the government's rankings of the leading airlines and their on-time performance in July. Some airlines, including Spirit and Allegiant, are not included because they operate fewer flights. The federal government counts a flight as on-time if it arrives within 14 minutes of schedule.
1. Hawaiian Airlines, 93.3 percent
2. Delta Air Lines, 86.3 percent
3. Alaska Airlines, 84.1 percent
4. AirTran Airways, 83.1 percent
5. Virgin America, 80.8 percent
6. SkyWest, 77.2 percent
7. US Airways, 76.7 percent
8. Frontier Airlines, 76.1 percent
9. United Airlines, 74.9 percent
10. Envoy, 74.5 percent
11. ExpressJet, 73.4 percent
12. American Airlines, 72.3 percent
13. Southwest Airlines, 69.4 percent
14. JetBlue Airways, 65.8 percent
Total for all reporting airlines: 75.6 percent
-Southwest and AirTran are owned by Southwest Airlines Co.
-American, US Airways and Envoy are owned by American Airlines Group Inc.
-Envoy was formerly American Eagle
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation
The report can be found at: http://1.usa.gov/1rWFNM9