Associated Press

Oct 17, 8:33 AM EDT

A former federal prosecutor hired to lead a review of Charlottesville, Virginia's, response to three nationalist rallies this summer says he hasn't been given access to records he's requested from state agencies


CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) -- A former federal prosecutor hired to lead a review of Charlottesville, Virginia's, response to three nationalist rallies this summer says he hasn't been given access to records he's requested from state agencies.

Tim Heaphy said last month that he wanted to review the assistance Charlottesville received from the Virginia National Guard, the Department of Emergency Management and state police.

Heaphy told the Richmond Times-Dispatch that as of Oct. 9, he hadn't received replies to Freedom of Information Act requests or separate requests he sent to state agencies.

A spokesman for Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe said the state has had "ongoing discussions" with Heaphy, but is prioritizing its own review ahead of the review by Charlottesville.

A counter-protester was killed during an Aug. 12 white nationalist rally.

---

Information from: Richmond Times-Dispatch, http://www.richmond.com

© 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

 

 


 

 
 

2006 Reading Eagle Company, All Rights Reserved
Serving the Berks County community and surrounding areas for over 130 years!
This site contains links to other Internet sites.
These links are not endorsements of any products or services in such sites,
and no information in such site has been endorsed or approved by this site.