2013 James Beard restaurant and chef award winners
NEW YORK (AP) -- The winners of the 2013 James Beard Foundation restaurant and chef awards announced Monday are:
NATIONAL CHEF AWARDS:
- Outstanding Restaurant
Blue Hill in New York City
- Outstanding Chef
David Chang of Momofuku Noodle Bar in New York City
Paul Kahan of Blackbird in Chicago
- Best New Restaurant
State Bird Provisions in San Francisco
- Outstanding Wine, Beer, or Spirits Professional
Merry Edwards of Merry Edwards Winery in Sebastopol, Calif.
- Outstanding Wine Program
Frasca Food and Wine in Boulder, Colo.
- Outstanding Bar Program
The Aviary in Chicago
- Outstanding Service
Del Posto in New York City
- Outstanding Pastry Chef
Brooks Headley of Del Posto in New York City
- Outstanding Restaurateur
Maguy Le Coze of Le Bernardin in New York City
- Rising Star Chef of the Year
Danny Bowien of Mission Chinese Food in San Francisco and New York City
REGIONAL CHEF AWARDS
- Great Lakes
Stephanie Izard of Girl & the Goat in Chicago
Johnny Monis of Komi in Washington, D.C.
Colby Garrelts of Bluestem in Kansas City, Mo.
- New York City
Wylie Dufresne of wd-50
Melissa Kelly of Primo in Rockland, Maine
Gabriel Rucker of Le Pigeon in Portland, Ore.
Tory McPhail of Commander's Palace in New Orleans
Joseph Lenn of The Barn at Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tenn.
Jennifer Jasinski of Rioja in Denver
Christopher Kostow of The Restaurant at Meadowood in St. Helena, Calif.
James Beard Foundation America's Classics
- C.F. Folks in Washington, D.C.
Owner: Art Carlson
- Frank Fat's in Sacramento, Calif.
Owners: The Fat family
- Keens Steakhouse in New York City
Owner: George Schwarz
- Kramarczuk's in Minneapolis
Owner: Orest Kramarczuk
- Prince's Hot Chicken Shack in Nashville
Owner: Andre Prince Jeffries
James Beard Foundation Who's Who of Food & Beverage in America Inductees
- Eric Asimov, author and journalist, New York City
- Dorothy Kalins, editor, New York City
- Barbara Lynch, chef and restaurateur, Boston
- Zarela Martinez, chef and restaurateur, New York City
- Michael Mina, chef and restaurateur, San Francisco
- Bill Yosses, author and pastry chef, Washington, D.C.
- James Beard Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award
Cecilia Chiang, chef and restaurateur, San Francisco
- James Beard Foundation Humanitarian of the Year
Emeril Lagasse, Emeril Lagasse Foundation, New Orleans