AP Radio AP Radio News:

Feb 14, 3:56 PM EST

Former 'Charles in Charge' actor claims abuse by Scott Baio



Interactives
Farrah Fawcett, 1947-2009
Ed McMahon dies at 86
Divorce papers for Jon and Kate
Letterman suspect alimony documents
Latest TV News
Michelle Wolf to headline White House correspondents' dinner

CBS names Margaret Brennan as 'Face the Nation' anchor

Mexican network fires producer after actress' allegation

Talk-show host sues PBS for breach of conduct after firing

Snowboarders White, Kim boost NBC to weekly ratings win

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A former "Charles in Charge" actor says Scott Baio assaulted and "mentally tortured" him during their time together on the show in the 1980s.

Alexander Polinsky made the allegations Wednesday in Los Angeles during a news conference.

Polinsky says Baio exposed himself, talked about gay sex acts with the young actor and once threw a hot cup of tea in his face.

Another "Charles in Charge" star, Nicole Eggert, came forward last month with claims that Baio sexually assaulted her when she was a minor while they worked together on the hit show.

Baio called those allegations false and said he and Eggert were involved in a consensual relationship when she was of legal age.

Baio spokesman Brian Glicklich said the new claims would be addressed at a news conference Wednesday afternoon.

© 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.