4 displaced by mobile home park explosion, fire

OSSIPEE, N.H. (AP) — A hardware store in Ossipee is collecting donations for four people whose mobile homes were destroyed in an explosion and fire.

No one was hurt by the smoke or flames Friday afternoon, but WMUR-TV reports that one woman hurt her ankle while getting out of one of the buildings.

Eric Smith is a manager at nearby Aubuchon Hardware. He said he saw smoke and flames and grabbed extinguishers from his store, but before he could use them, a propane tank exploded. He says an oil tank then caught fire, too.

The State Fire Marshal's Office is investigating.


Information from: WMUR-TV, http://wmur.com