Latest Mitsubishi Corp News

Mitsubishi, Chubu to take over Dutch energy giant Eneco

Nov. 25, 2019 5:26 AM EST

THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — Dutch energy company Eneco says it has agreed to a proposed 4.1 billion-euro ($4.5 billion) takeover by Japanese corporations Mitsubishi and Chubu. Eneco said in a statement Monday that Mitsubishi will fund 80% of the deal and Chubu the remaining 20%. The company, which is...

Mitsubishi Electric exploring buyout of its Memphis plant

Nov. 9, 2019 12:14 PM EST

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Mitsubishi Electric say it is talking with a potential buyer for its Memphis plant. Mitsubishi Electric general manager Joe Durante tells The Commercial Appeal the company expects the third-party prospective buyer would hire at least some current Memphis workers. He said the possible...

Minnesota governor pursuing more electric cars for the state

Nov. 9, 2019 1:06 AM EST

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Gov. Tim Walz is on a crusade. He wants to lower carbon emissions from Minnesota's transportation sector, and says his latest plan to adopt California rules for tailpipe emissions could help make a dent, in part by invigorating a lagging market for electric vehicles. "If we had more...