BOSTON (AP) — A conservation group is warning the public to beware of a toxic blue-green algae found in the Charles River.
The Charles River Watershed Association issued a public health advisory after the algae was found at sites from the Massachusetts Ave Bridge to the Museum of Science.
The group says cyanobacteria blooms are toxic to pets, so people shouldn't let their dogs swim in the area. The association is also urging boaters to avoid contact with the water.
Health officials say the harmful algae can make humans sick and can kill animals.