CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — The New Hampshire Supreme Court on Wednesday rejected an appeal from a man who was convicted of sexual assault charges involving three children.
Paul Stratton, 69, was sentenced to more than 100 years in prison last year. Prosecutors said he attacked children he knew from 2003 to 2017 in Manchester.
His lawyer argued that the charges weren't related and that a judge was wrong to hold one trial, instead of three. Even if the charges were related, the "interests of justice" required them to be severed, the lawyer said. Prosecutors said the charges were connected.
The Supreme Court said that Stratton failed to establish the judge was wrong or that he improperly instructed jurors.