Latest Carbon monoxide poisoning News

2 hospitalized, others sickened in CO leak in Kansas store

Oct. 13, 2021 10:18 AM EDT

KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) — Two people were hospitalized and several others sickened in a carbon monoxide leak inside a Kansas City, Kansas, supermarket, fire department officials there said. Firefighters were called to the El Rio Bravo supermarket around noon Tuesday,...

Crews near demolition of housing complex where gas killed 2

Sep. 18, 2021 10:02 AM EDT

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Heavy equipment may soon begin tearing down an 80-year-old South Carolina public housing complex where two men died from carbon monoxide poisoning from a poorly maintained heater. Scientists are conducting environmental tests on the land around...

2 die, 4 hospitalized after Chicago carbon monoxide leak

Sep. 10, 2021 18:34 PM EDT

CHICAGO (AP) — Two women died and four other people, including three children, were hospitalized after a carbon monoxide leak in Chicago’s Little Village neighborhood Friday, authorities said. A woman in her 70s and another woman in her 50s were found dead inside in...

Carbon monoxide poisoning suspected in deaths of couple

Aug. 21, 2021 11:31 AM EDT

NORTH HUNTINGDON, Pa. (AP) — Carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected in the deaths of an elderly couple in western Pennsylvania, authorities said. The bodies of Joseph and Freda Polinski, both 88, were found late Thursday night after a relative unable to contact them...

2 teens dead, found in vehicle with modified exhaust system

Jul. 30, 2021 13:18 PM EDT

NAPLES, Fla. (AP) — Two teens found dead at a Florida park might have suffered from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning related to a modified exhaust system on their vehicle, officials said. A park ranger found an 18-year-old male and a 17-year-old female unresponsive...

2 boys die in Austria after generator poisons family

Jul. 27, 2021 08:40 AM EDT

BERLIN (AP) — Authorities in Austria said Tuesday that two young boys have died from carbon monoxide poisoning and their mother is fighting for her life after the family used an emergency generator during a power outage. Upper Austria police said they were called...

Singer Luke Combs pays for funerals of 3 who died after show

Jul. 23, 2021 10:42 AM EDT

BROOKLYN, Mich. (AP) — Country singer Luke Combs is paying the funeral expenses of three young men who saw him perform at a Michigan music festival before they died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning at a nearby campground, relatives said. “For him to reach out...

22 in Omaha home treated for carbon monoxide poisoning

Jul. 21, 2021 09:39 AM EDT

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Nearly two dozen people, including several young children, living in a northwest Omaha home were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after walking into a hospital, officials said. The incident happened late Tuesday night, when 22 people — all...